Contributors

Monday, March 4, 2013

10 Years for Changing Tags

Do other people have dreams like this?

Last night I dreamed that I was trying to work two jobs with the federal government at the same time.  This was not really allowed, so I (sort of) disguised myself, only so superficially that I thought it would keep me out of trouble if I were caught.  I didn't change my name, but I wore different (though identical) pairs of blue jeans to the two jobs.  As in the real world, I had two checkbooks (from when I had both a bank account and a credit union account); both have brown leather covers, but I took one to one job and the other to the other job. Most importantly, I used the same parking permit, which was associated with my car tag, but I drove one car to one job, then changed the tag and permit over to my other vehicle and drove to the second job.

I was caught, and what really got me into trouble was taking the tag off one car and putting it on the other.  I was sentenced to 10 years in prison for that.

Of course, it's a good feeling to wake up from such a dream.

By the way, I don't work for the federal government at all, nor do I own two vehicles.

I think this must have been in part due to watching "Accident Investigator" on Hulu. The scary thing about that show is that I know I could have been involved in many of these incidents had the circumstances been different.  All it takes is a moment of carelessness, or a bit of bad luck.

UPDATE:  "Accident Investigator" may have gotten me into the frame of mind where I was thinking, "Donnerwetter!  This could happen to me!" but I now remember that in Episode 16 ("The Secret War") of "Soviet Storm:  WW2 in the East" there was a courier who worked for the Swedish government who changed the tag on his bicycle when he was visiting his Soviet handlers.  Clearly some of the details influenced my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment